APC NATIONAL MEETING
July 9, 2005
Meeting called to order by Pres. L.B. Baker at 6:35 p.m. with 15 members
There was no business from last year’s meeting
President L.B. Baker introduced the following issues for this year’s
- The Athletes' Fund
- Sanctioning of regional & state meets.
- Classification Patches
- Standardization of Medals.
- Election of Officers.
- Everyone has to qualify for the Nationals at a Regional or State
- Discussion: 1st Place winner from each division and weight
class to receive funding to the World’s competition. 2nd
Place winner can be an alternate if he/she had competed at that year’s
- Motion by Bob Packer, 2nd by John Ford, "Approve the
funding for this year’s World’s." Approved.
- Motion by Bob Packer, 2nd by Jim Rouse, "Funds to be
applied only to the 1st place winners who attended/competed
in this year’s Nationals at this time." Approved.
- Discussion: When to start sanctioning of regional and national meets and
the fees associated with each type of sanction.
- Motion by Bob Packer, seconded by Brian Meek, "Start charging
sanction fees Jan. 1, 2006. Regional fees (state level & below -
$40.00. National fee - $100.00." Approved. Proceeds to go
to the Athletes' Fund.
Standardization of Medals:
- L.B. Baker introduced the design and layout of classification (Elite,
Master, Class 1-4 and the national APC patch.
- Motion by L.B. Backer, second John Ford, "The Elite patch shall
be free, the Master and Class 1-4 - $5.00, and the Official APC patch
- $10.00." Approved. Proceeds to go to the Athletes'
Election of Officers:
- Discussion was led by L.B. Baker on adopting a minimum standard for
medals used throughout the organization to be used at national meets.
- Motion by L.B. Baker, second by Bob Packer, "Medals shall be
circular with a diameter of 3" or greater and gold plated."
Discussion was led by Jim Rouse concerning holding UAPC meets in conjunction
with APC meets. It was pretty much to be left up to each promoter if he or she
wants to do a UAPC/APC meet.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned by Pres. L.B. Baker at
- President/CEO – L.B. Baker
- Technical Chairman – Bob Packer
- Vice-President – Jim Rouse
- New Board of Director – Tom Bowman